Friday, October 14, 2011

Strong and Courageous - March 24, 2011

Be Strong and Courageous - Joshua 1:9

by Lexie Shaunak on Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 11:35am
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

Not just a reassurance, not a suggestion. God commands Joshua (and us) to live this way.

Courage is an act of faith- 'I do not know what will happen or where it will go, but I'm going to step out into the thing that scares me boldly, because You are with me."  In light of this, continuing to live in fear is an act of unbelief and disobedience.

Today, I will be strong and courageous, even if that means just standing up to my own doubts. fears, and worries, and defeating them by resting in God's peace. In letting go of things I hope for, letting go of  frustration with things I cannot control,  and instead joyfully walking on the path He puts me on, where He has put me in this moment.

Truth >  feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment