Friday, October 14, 2011

For all those that I love

Tis a Curious Thing...

by Lexie Shaunak on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 9:43pm
Tis a curious thing to fall in love,
And fall in love again
To think that you could not put out any more,
When then,  to you is more put in

My heart has been stolen a Thousand times,
and a thousand times again
Not by Beau's or Lovers,
But by my many Friends

Be they young or be they old,
Whatever be their lot,
I fall  in love with their souls,
And try to love with everything I've got.

My heart desires to keep them close,
To keep their hands in mine
But I know love says to let them go,
To pursue their part in the grand design.

You bring them here, to my path,
For just a little while,
You lead them here, to love with me
through laugh, cry, and trial.

I think I go to love them,
But little do I see
While I am seeking they to love,
They are loving me.

So thank you Lord for those many friends,
Ages two to seventy five
And may I love them as you do,
As long as I am alive.

And when my time is over,
My work on earth is through,
May I hold them close, all at once,
And ever be with you.

To all of you - Thank you for loving me. I will never be able to express to you how deeply blessed I feel to have/had you in my life, and be able to call you my friends.

"We Love,
Because He first loved us."
-1 John 4:19

1 comment:

  1. Lexie, your writings are wise and inspiring. Thank you for sharing. I have known your grandmother, Fran, since I was a young girl 15 years old. She was and remains a dear friend. I just wanted to say that your writings are an inspiration. My own daughter writes as well to my delight. Maybe you can check our her blog on google. "The Zen Photographer". God bless! Linda H. :)

    ReplyDelete